Foreknowledge: Having the ability to read and draw technical drawings. To work
Torchon lace and Flanders lace. Knowledge of Paris lace is an advantage Goal: - To get notion in the techniques of Binche lace
- To process the gathered knowledge into a proper file
- Having the ability to make own designs and translate them into a technical drawing.
Contents - Short history, main characteristics, equipment
- Lace edging, picot edge
- Proportions and basic for designing Binche lace (snowflakes)
- Spots I and II (bolletjes) in Binche lace
- Tally in Binche lace
- Simple grounds, compound grounds with their passages
- Simple grounds and their variations and fantasies
- Making corners
- To make new designs of old grounds
- Straight start and finish
- Motifs: ring and ring pair, input and output of pairs, crossing the pairs
Tasks: - Working some samples, drawing motifs in Binche ground,
designing motifs in Binche lace.
- To make technical drawings of own designs
- Making corners and technical drawings of these corners
Evaluation: - To hand in proper file and the given tasks
- To start up a final project in Binche lace to present in June of the 3rd year.